Breaking

Post Top Ad

SEMrush

Monday 15 March 2021

Nephew booked for raping widow

Yamunanagar, March 14

A local woman was allegedly raped by a man of Jind district more than five months ago.

The woman is a widow and now four-month pregnant. After the rape, the accused promised to marry the victim, but he didn't keep his promise.

On the complaint of the victim, a case was registered against the accused, Munish, resident of Jind district, under Sections 376, 328 and 506 of the IPC at the City police station on March 12.

The complainant said Munish was her nephew.

"Munish came to my house on September 20, 2020. He took me to Jagadhri on the pretext of discussing some issue. He took me to an unknown place where he had drinks. He also gave me liquor in cold drink without telling me. I got intoxicated. After drinking liquor, he raped me," alleged the victim.

She said the next day, she told her family members about the incident. "That day, Munish was called to our home. He apologised and assured to marry me, but didn't keep his word," she alleged. — TNS



from The Tribune https://ift.tt/3cA3Jj0

No comments:

Post a Comment